New version 1.10: Better Visual Overview
- Jul 11, 2017
- By Mathias Gullbrandson
It’s been a while! After some time spent on internal restructuring, the Dreamler team is back in full production and we’re excited to bring you a much-requested feature update. Expect more frequent releases going forward.
One of the challenges in working with complex projects is being able to quickly see and understand large-scale flow-structures — the bigger a gameboard gets, the harder it is to see what’s happening. To this end, we’ve focused this release on enhancing Dreamler’s visual overview, tweaking existing features as well as introducing a new one:
The big new feature in Dreamler 1.10 — You can now put groups inside of other groups, stacked in as many levels as you want.
- When you move a “parent” group, all the “children” groups will follow.
- Simply dragging a group into another will make it a child of that group.
- To remove it from a group, hold Shift while dragging.
We hope this will help our customers make their boards easier to work with and more organized.
Other notable improvements include:
- Improved visibility and legibility of smaller group titles when zoomed out of a project with a large amount of groups
- Enlarged group titles
Immediate display of a large number of group titles (as many as can fit without overlap)
When zoomed out far, pointing your mouse at a milestone or checkpoint will now show the title as soon as you hit the diamond shape (as one would expect), instead of needing to hit the tiny underlying milestone exactly
- Warning messages in the chat/comments list are now visually distinct from ones in normal messages – they have a small red warning triangle
- Moving a group will now be highlighted by a thin white outline, providing better visual feedback when interacting with groups
- And many other minor improvements and bug fixes
Thanks for being a Dreamler user!